Environment setup for QT on Colibri T20

Hello,

I’m trying to set QT environment on Colibri T20. I could go sucessfully upto this below step

bitbake samba

mentioned in this link “High performance, low power Embedded Computing Systems | Toradex Developer Center”.

bitbake angstrom-lxde-image -c populate_sdk

But after this above step (this step goes upto 99% for completion), I was unable to continue due to this error

WARNING: The free space of /home/qtsetup/oe-core/build/sstate-cache (/dev/sda2) is running low (0.998GB left)
ERROR: No new tasks can be executed since the disk space monitor action is “STOPTASKS”!

(NOTE : I have used 64 GB hard disk on embedded single board computer with Ubuntu 16.04 64 Bit OS)

Now , I want to confirm whether I’m moving in correct path. I’m going to repeat the same procedures on another PC with 500 GB hard disk. Anyone please guide me in correct way so that I could achieve my target.

Also, is there any pre-build images available for T20 ?

prebuild BSP packages can be found here:
https://developer.toradex.com/files/toradex-dev/uploads/media/Colibri/Linux/Images/

Yes, getting a bigger disk is a good start, at some point you’ll probably want to customise one of our images to suit your needs more precisely.

Thanks for your support. Now I could build the images successfully without getting any errors. Also I have installed the SDK using this link

Linux SDKs | Toradex Developer Center

But I’m having some errors in building the tool chain using this command
bitbake -k meta-toolchain-qt5 mentioned in this link
How to set up Qt Creator to cross compile for embedded Linux | Toradex Developer Center

I think I will run my application without any problem on Colibri if I crossed this step.
These are all the errors I have received

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/dev1/oe-core/layers/openembedded-core/bitbake/bin/bitbake”, line 31, in
import bb
File “/home/dev1/oe-core/layers/openembedded-core/bitbake/lib/bb/init.py”, line 77, in
import bb.msg
File “/home/dev1/oe-core/layers/openembedded-core/bitbake/lib/bb/msg.py”, line 32, in
import bb.event
File “/home/dev1/oe-core/layers/openembedded-core/bitbake/lib/bb/event.py”, line 27, in
import pickle
File “/usr/local/oecore-x86_64/sysroots/x86_64-angstromsdk-linux/usr/lib/python3.5/pickle.py”, line 36, in
import _compat_pickle ImportError: No module named ‘_compat_pickle’

How to resolve this issue ?

What exact versions of things are we talking about?

It looks like your Python installation might not quite be proper. Did you install all the pre-requisites as suggested here?

Yes I followed all the pre-requisties as suggested in that link and now I could build the toolchain . But I got this sysroot armv7at2hf-vfp-angstrom-linux-gnueabi instead of armv7at2hf-neon-angstrom-linux-gnueabi.

Also I’m getting errors like this when I tried to build the application in qtcreator after choosing the proper qt versions, compilers, debuggers and remote machine.

17:01:58: Starting: “/usr/local/oecore-x86_64/sysroots/x86_64-angstromsdk-linux/usr/bin/qmake2” /home/dev1/Desktop/qt-tutorial-01/qt-tutorial-01.pro -r -spec linux-gnueabi-oe-g++ CONFIG+=debug sh: 1: -d: not found

17:01:58: The process “/usr/local/oecore-x86_64/sysroots/x86_64-angstromsdk-linux/usr/bin/qmake2” exited normally.

17:01:58: Starting: “/usr/bin/make” …/qt-tutorial-01/mainwindow.ui -o ui_mainwindow.h

Makefile:196: recipe for target ‘ui_mainwindow.h’ failed

make: execvp: …/qt-tutorial-01/mainwindow.ui: Permission denied

make: *** [ui_mainwindow.h] Error 127

17:02:00: The process “/usr/bin/make” exited with code 2.

Error while building/deploying project qt-tutorial-01 (kit: T20)

When executing step “Make”

17:02:00: Elapsed time: 00:02.

T20 is the only module not supporting neon that’s why some paths and names will be different.

OK thank you. But I’m unable to build the application in qt creator. Still I’m struggling at this issue. Please give some ideas for this issue.