Yaffs2 issue in Colibri T20

Unable to mount nand partition with yaffs2 file system, I have attached the error log with this

link text

By default BSP 2.8b2 is using ubifs rather than yaffs2. If you would like to use yaffs2 instead you would need to revert the following commit.

Issue still exist after reverting the changes also, i have attached the log.

Which changes have you reverted? Could you explain what exactly are you doing? What is your application?

• reverted the changeas commented by marcel.tx.
  • Need to mount a nand partition as yaffs2 file system.

reverted the changeas commented by marcel.tx.

Ok. Did you recompile and flashed the kernel then.

Need to mount a nand partition as yaffs2 file system.

Where is this nand partition? Was this partition created as yaffs2? If yes, how?

• I have compiled the kerne flashed the kernel in board, its not working.
  • partition is created using the command in u-boot

nand erase.part ubi

Thanks for the information. This command will just deleted the ubi partition. Did you follow this guide?

My objective is to evaluate different nand file systems. Since the default BSP 2.8b2 rootfs is ubifs on power-cut the file system getting corrupted. so booted the device using mmc with tiny busybox rootfs and then performing a reboot (power-cut) test on different nand file system. raw formated nand partition is a vaild yaffs2 file system. I have attached the log when mounting yaffs2 using mount command.

My objective is to evaluate different nand file systems.

In general such objective sounds fair however please note that proprietary YAFFS2 is only supported as of BSP V2.3. Any later BSP uses UBI/UBIFS however without ever having passed any validation. Only recently an official T20 NAND driver has been merged mainline which we are in the process of validating.

Since the default BSP 2.8b2

Please note that BSP 2.8b2 is no longer supported. We only support stable as well as the latest beta BSP as noted in our support strategy.

rootfs is ubifs on power-cut the file system getting corrupted.

Yes, UBI/UBIFS has not passed validation so far as noted in the following ticket.

so booted the device using mmc with tiny busybox rootfs and then performing a reboot (power-cut) test on different nand file system. raw formated nand partition is a vaild yaffs2 file system. I have attached the log when mounting yaffs2 using mount command.

I don’t t think you really did revert the commit as required for YAFFS2 compatibility. Unfortunately, one can not mix and match NAND driver/file systems otherwise.