Toradex BSP Layers and Reference Images for Yocto Project 6.1.0 Quarterly Release
We are pleased to announce the Toradex BSP Layers and Reference Images for Yocto Project 6.1.0 quarterly release.
Please read the previous release news for updates that also apply to this release.
Updates and Highlights
- Apalis iMX8 Support was added in the downstream-based BSP
- Linux Kernel updates
For NXP® i.MX 6/7 SoMs, the BSP was updated to the Mainline Linux Kernel 6.0.17. For NXP® i.MX 8 SoMs, on our downstream-based BSP 6.1.0, we have updated the kernel based on NXP Linux BSP LF5.15.52_2.1.0
- Update downstream BSP
The multimedia and graphics packages were updated to version LF5.15.52_2.1.0
- Update ATF
The ARM Trusted Firmware (ATF or TF-A) was updated to v2.6 from LF5.15.52_2.1.0
- Update SCFW
It was updated to 1.14.0 from NXP BSP LF5.15.52_2.1.0
- Update downstream U-Boot
It was updated to version LF5.15.52_2.1.0
- Improve usability of low-end modules
Revised CMA Memory Allocation on iMX6/iMX7 modules
- Updated Ethernet-over-USB functionality
It was moved from USB RNDIS to USB NCM
- Bug fixes
This release brings notable bug fixes:
Consult our BSP Layers and Reference Images for Yocto Project Issue Tracker to learn more about all fixes
- Volume products: Apalis iMX6, Colibri iMX6, Colibri iMX6ULL, Colibri iMX7
This release is intended to be used in production for these modules.
- Sample products: Apalis iMX8, Verdin iMX8M Mini, Verdin iMX8M Plus
Due to the hardware status of the sample products, this release - downstream-based - is intended for development. Only the second generation of Verdin products is supported.
- Support for Colibri iMX8X is planned in the next releases
Quarterly releases are production releases. We run a set of tests to validate them. Learn more about our release types from our Embedded Linux Support Strategy.
For more updates on this, see our Release Details.
- You can install the pre-built evaluation Reference Images directly from our online Toradex Easy Installer feeds into the board. No download is required!
- Alternatively, you can download the images and BSP from the Linux Software page on our developer website.
- The U-Boot, Linux kernel sources, and OpenEmbedded metadata are available at http://git.toradex.com/. Learn how to build them on our developer website.
Press Release:Join Toradex at Japan IT Week Spring 2024
New Release:Torizon OS 6.5.0 Quarterly Release