We are pleased to announce the release of version V1.1Beta1 of the Colibri T20 Linux BSP. This contains:
U-Boot 2011.06 boot loader
Linux 22.214.171.124 kernel
OpenEmbedded 2011.03 based root file system (using LXDE desktop environment)
You can download this version from our product download server http://developer.toradex.com/files/toradex-dev/uploads/media/Colibri/Linux/Images/.
U-Boot and Linux kernel sources are available <http://git.toradex.com/>
and OpenEmbedded metadata is available http://developer.toradex.com/files/toradex-dev/uploads/media/Colibri/Linux/OpenEmbedded/.
Linux Image V1.1 Beta 1 (July 10, 2012)
- Support for Ambicom WL250N-USB Wireless 802.11b/g/n (V1.0a) with Ralink RT3070 chipset. Note: requires proprietary rt2870.bin firmware as well.
- Fix horizontal/vertical sync and pixel clock polarity to be low rather than high.
- Implement analog input AD0 aka ANALOG_IN0 as voltage_now and AD1 aka ANALOG_IN1 as temp value. See /sys/class/power_supply/colibri_t20-analog_inputs.
- Revise Ethernet MAC address assignment: should now use MAC from EEPROM if set and further handles up to two instances of custom user MACs (2nd one with a 0×100000 offset). This way customer does not have to put EEPROM on a secondary Ethernet on the carrier board and still gets a valid official MAC address from us (e.g. analogous to how we do it on our Protea carrier board).
- Fix audio codec DAPM pin assignment. Note this is only an issue if power management is to be used in the future.
- Fix regular framebuffer (e.g. /dev/fb0) access from userspace.
- Fix GPIO flags direction during initialisation.
- Enable cifs file system support required for SMB aka Samba allowing easy Windows network share access.
- Upping host1x clock from 166 to 266.4 MHz, mpe from 111 to 300 MHz and vde from 240 to 300 MHz.
- Decreasing pll_m clock from illegal 721.5 to 666 MHz.
- Disable AVDD_VDAC by default to safe power and reduce temperature.
- Decrease audio logging.
- Implement U-Boot framebuffer console with VESA VGA timings.
- Fix U-Boot environment string buffer overrun issue.
- Install devmem2, minicom and i2c-tools packages.