V2.2 Beta 1 Embedded Linux BSPs for Colibri VF50/VF61 modules
Presenting our latest release - the V2.2 Beta 1 Linux BSPs for Toradex Freescale® Vybrid™ based modules – Colibri VF61 and Colibri VF50.
Freescale® Vybrid™ Modules (Colibri VF61 & VF50) Linux Release
- U-Boot 2014.04 boot loader
- Linux 3.0.15 kernel, based on Freescale TWR-VF65GS10 Timesys LinuxLink 2014-05-08 (ts2.16)
- OpenEmbedded oe-core dora/2013.12 based root file system, using LXDE desktop environment
The release also adds missing features and bug fixes, notably:
Updates to the U-Boot in this release include:
- Update to mainline U-Boot 2014.04 with new partition layout and NAND driver which enables hardware ECC.
- Support new config block layout.
- Dropped SD card environment support (booting the boot loader from SD card is not possible with fused modules)
Updates to the Linux kernel in this release include:
- Make use of hardware ECC result when reading from NAND (this breaks backward compatibility, reflash of root filesystem needed)
- Clear pending characters from UART when configuring FIFO. This solves boot hang when UART characters are received during startup.
- Fix global timer length which makes sure kernel time is monotonic increasing
- Add support for second Ethernet (enable with CONFIG_FEC0)
- Add support for UART4/UART5 (enable with CONFIG_UART[3|4]_SUPPORT)
- Support new pin assignment for VF50 V1.1 and newer
- Use chip select for NAND (required for U-Boot 2014.04)
- Update GPIO config tool to V1.2
- Add mcc-pingpong demo application for communication with Cortex M4 core
- You can download this version from our product download server at: http://developer.toradex.com/files/toradex-dev/uploads/media/Colibri/Linux/Images
- The U-Boot, Linux kernel sources and OpenEmbedded metadata are available at: http://git.toradex.com
To find out more about the Toradex Colibri Computer-on-Module families, visit:
For more information please visit us at: www.toradex.com
New Release:TorizonCore 5.3.0 Quarterly Release