TorizonCore 5.5.0 Quarterly Release
TorizonCore is our operating system that powers Torizon, a DevOps platform that simplifies the development and maintenance of embedded Linux software. TorizonCore is designed to be used out-of-the-box on devices requiring high reliability, allowing you to focus on your application instead of on building and maintaining an operating system.
Torizon uses software containers, making it simple to add functionality to your system in a way that is both secure and easy to maintain. Torizon supports hardware acceleration in containers and graphical user interfaces.
This release includes all updates from the previous 5.x.y TorizonCore releases.
Updates and Highlights
- Enable MS5637 I2C temperature/pressure sensor in TorizonCore
After some requests from our customers, the CONFIG_MS5637 option was enabled by default as a module on the Linux Kernel configuration file on which TorizonCore is based.
- Fork of libaktualizr
Aktualizr is one of the key components of the software that enables Remote Updates on Torizon. The Aktuaklizr implementation is composed of two parts:
- The client implementation, which is expected to be different for different vendors
- libaktualizr, the core functionality that is used by the client implementations
To enable new features, such as secure offline updates, Toradex now is leveraging Aktualizr by making changes to libaktualizr on a forked repository until these changes are upstreamed. Previously, we were applying patches on the code from the upstream repository. This move will allow Toradex to implement new features and bug fixes to libaktualizr more dynamically.
- Update of TorizonCore packages
The following packages have been updated:
- Fluent-bit updated to 1.8.9
- Podman updated to 3.4.1
- Common updated to 2.0.30
- FUSE overlay updated to 1.7.1
Debian Packages and Containers
- All containers rebuilt against the Debian Bullseye stable release
Toradex periodically rebuilds our Docker images against Bullseye stable feeds.
- Hardware-accelerated GStreamer support for iMX8
NXP provides a downstream fork for some Gstreamer packages which provides some hardware-accelerated features that are not available in the upstream GStreamer project. Toradex now provides GStreamer Debian packages for iMX8, including documentation.
- Portainer updated from 2.6.2 to 2.9.3
Portainer is a user-friendly GUI for managing containers. This update does not have a significant impact on TorizonCore users.
- Several bug fixes
Browse through cumulative bug fixes from 5.5.0-devel-202111, 5.5.0-devel-202112, and 5.5.0.
Highlighted bug fix:
Get more updates on this from our Release Notes.
- Volume products: Apalis iMX6, Colibri iMX6DL, Colibri iMX7D 1GB
This release is intended to be used in production on these modules.
- Sample products: Apalis iMX8, Colibri iMX8X, Verdin iMX8M Mini, Verdin iMX8M Plus
Due to the hardware status of samples, this release is intended for development.
For Verdin, only the second generation of Verdin products is supported.
New Release:TorizonCore 6.0.0-devel-202210 Monthly Release