USB-C is not just a smaller connector that you finally do not have to plug in three times because you tried it upside down.
You need additional components to implement a compliant USB-C port on your carrier board. USB-C power delivery gets so much better, but unfortunately also a bit more complicated.
On the latest Toradex Carrier Boards, several connectors have been replaced with USB-C. It might be time to replace them also on your next design.
Peter Lischer, a Toradex HW expert, provides you with tips and tricks and answers your technical questions.
- Overview of the different USB-C solutions
- Learn about USB-C power delivery
- Learn why new terms like DRP, DRD, UFP, and DFP are now used
- Learn the difference between an active and passive USB-C cable and how adapter cables work
- Learn about helpful tricks and possible pitfalls