In this webinar we look at the challenges of managing the process of updating software on embedded Linux systems remotely – often referred to as an Over The Air or OTA update.
- The necessity and challenges of updating devices in the field
- Security issues when dealing with remote device updates
- The importance of a robust implementation
- Additional security measures required for OTA
- Adding an OTA mechanism to an embedded Linux build system, like Yocto
Toradex will demonstrate how this challenge can be solved in a real world example, using the Torizon Platform on hardware featuring NXP i.MX Applications Processors.
- Common OTA features
- Types of OTA - package based, image based
- Challenges of OTA - power-cut tolerance, rollbacks security
- Integrating with a build system
- Open Source solutions for OTA
- A Toradex solution
Live Q&A with experts from Doulos and Toradex will be available throughout the broadcast.