Linux Programming by Embedded Labworks, in partnership with Toradex, Brazil
|Date & Time||May 09, 2018 - May 11, 2018
May 23, 2018 - May 25, 2018
from 10:00 to 18:00
Toradex and Embedded Labworks collaborate their partnership to foster the domestic market for embedded systems.
Starting this April, Sergio Prado, Trainer and Technical Director, Embedded Labworks, will use a Toradex Colibri iMX6 Computer on Module in conjunction with a Viola Carrier Board in his training sessions on Embedded Linux, Linux Device Drivers, and Yocto Project, in Brazil.
Below find the scope and course dates:
- Dates and Topics:
- Apr 04-06, 2018 - Embedded Linux - Concluded!
- May 09-11, 2018 - Linux Device Drivers - Concluded!
- May 23-25, 2018 - Yocto Project - Register Here!
- Scope of Embedded Linux program:
- Introduction to the architecture of embedded Linux systems
- How to use, configure and generate your own development environment, including the cross-compiler toolchain
- Configure and compile the bootloader for the development kit
- Configure and compile a Linux kernel customized for the development kit
- Create a rootfs from scratch using BusyBox and other open source components
- Set up and use an NFS server environment on embedded Linux development
- Develop an embedded web server
- Develop applications to access devices hardware in Linux, including leds, GPIOs, buzzer, 7 segment display, accelerometer, etc
- Compile and test Linux kernel modules
- Using different types of file systems (ext2, ext4, jffs2, ubifs, etc)
- Boot a rootfs from the SD card and from the network
- Using Buildroot as a build system to automate the generation of a complete embedded Linux system
- Understand how software licenses works
- Develop and cross-compile Linux applications for embedded systems
- Developing basic graphical applications using the Qt graphics library for embedded Linux
- Debug applications with GDB
- Set up and use Eclipse as an IDE for developing applications in embedded Linux