Toradex BSP Layers and Reference Images for Yocto Project 6.4.0 Quarterly Release
We are pleased to announce the Toradex BSP Layers and Reference Images for Yocto Project 6.4.0 quarterly release.
Please read the previous release news for updates that also apply to this release.
Updates and Highlights
- Added support for Verdin AM62 configurations:
- 0071 Verdin AM62 Solo 512MB
- 0072 Verdin AM62 Solo 512MB WB IT
- 0073 Verdin AM62 Dual 1GB ET
- 0074 Verdin AM62 Dual 1GB IT
- 0075 Verdin AM62 Dual 1GB WB IT
- 0076 Verdin AM62 Quad 2GB WB IT
- New Features
- Initial Support for the upcoming Capacitive Touch Display 10.1'' DSI on Verdin SoM Family
- Enable Heterogeneous-Multicore Processing (HMP) support on Verdin iMX8M Mini M4F core on Upstream Distribution
- Linux Kernel updates
- For SoMs based on the NXP® i.MX 8/8X/8M SoCs, the Linux Kernel was updated to Toradex v5.15.129 based on NXP BSP L5.15_2.2.x
- For SoMs based on the TI AM62x SoCs, the Linux Kernel was updated to Toradex v6.1.46 based on TI RC Release 09.00.00.008
- Updated Components
- For SoMs based on the NXP® i.MX 8/8X SoCs, the SCFW was updated to 1.15.0 from NXP BSP L5.15_2.2.x
- For SoMs based on the TI AM62x SoCs, u-boot was updated to Toradex TI 2023.04 based on TI RC Release 09.00.00.008
- Bug fixes
This release brings notable bug fixes:
- Volume products: Apalis iMX6, Apalis iMX8, Colibri iMX6, Colibri iMX6ULL, Colibri iMX7, and Colibri iMX8QXP
This release is intended to be used in production for these modules.
- Sample products: Verdin iMX8M Mini, Verdin iMX8M Plus, Verdin AM62, and Colibri iMX8DX
Due to the hardware status of the sample products, this downstream-based release is intended for development. Only second-generation Verdin products are supported.
Quarterly releases are production releases. We run a set of tests to validate them. Learn more about our release types from our Embedded Linux Support Strategy.
For more updates on this, see our Release Details.
- You can install the pre-built evaluation Reference Images directly from our online Toradex Easy Installer feeds into the board. No download is required!
- Alternatively, you can download the images and BSP from the Linux Software page on our developer website.
- The U-Boot, Linux kernel sources, and OpenEmbedded metadata are available at https://git.toradex.com/. Learn how to build them on our developer website.
Press Release:Join Toradex at Japan IT Week Spring 2024
New Release:Torizon OS 6.5.0 Quarterly Release