In this webinar we look at the challenges of managing the process of updating software on embedded Linux systems remotely – often referred to as an Over-The-Air or OTA update.
- The necessity and challenges of updating devices in the field.
- Security issues when dealing with remote device updates.
- The importance of a robust implementation.
- Additional security measures required for OTA.
- Adding an OTA mechanism to an embedded Linux build system, like Yocto.
Toradex will demonstrate how this challenge can be solved in a real-world example, using the Torizon Platform on hardware featuring NXP i.MX Applications Processors.
- Common OTA features.
- Types of OTA - package-based, image-based.
- Challenges of OTA - power-cut tolerance, rollbacks security.
- Integrating with a build system.
- Open Source solutions for OTA.
- A Toradex solution.