Toradex BSP Layers and Reference Images for Yocto Project 5.1.0 Quarterly Production Release
We are pleased to announce the Toradex BSP Layers and Reference Images for the Yocto Project 5.1.0 quarterly production release.
Please read the 5.0.0 release news for previous updates, that also apply to this release.
- Further Bugfixes on 5.4.x-2.1.0 kernel
As the BSPs for NXP® i.MX 8/8X/8M Mini SoCs become more mature, we advance on supporting more features. We also provide various bug fixes for SoMs based on the NXP i.MX6/6ULL/7 downstream-based BSP.
- Further development of device tree overlays
Our pre-built device tree overlays enable our customers to quickly evaluate and enable accessory products from our webshop and our partners, such as touch displays and cameras. We also make it very easy for you to compile and deploy your own overlays. Don't forget to visit our git repository device-tree-overlays to learn from the example and how to write your own.
- Added support for Verdin iMX8M Mini V1.1A modules
Learn more about the changes in the Hardware revision history. Please also have a careful look at the Verdin Product Family specification update.
- Added initial support for Verdin iMX8M Plus V1.0A modules
Verdin iMX8M Plus is currently under development with very limited samples, therefore it is not generally available yet. To stay tuned, visit the product page on our website and hit the "Get Updates" button!
Quarterly releases are production releases. We run a set of tests to validate them. Learn more about our release types in our Embedded Linux Support Strategy.
Get more updates on this in our Release Notes.
- You can install the pre-built evaluation Reference Images directly from our online Toradex Easy Installer feeds into the board. No download required!
- Alternatively, you can download the images and BSP from the Linux Software page on our developer website
- The U-Boot, Linux kernel sources, and OpenEmbedded metadata are available at http://git.toradex.com/. Learn how to build them on our developer website.