Toradex BSP Layers and Reference Images for Yocto Project 5.2.0 Quarterly Production Release
We are pleased to announce the Toradex BSP Layers and Reference Images for Yocto Project 5.2.0 quarterly production release.
Please read the 5.1.0 release notes for previous updates that also apply to this release.
Updates and Highlights
- Updated to new NXP Release L5.4.70_2.3.0
Toradex provides both downstream- and mainline-based BSPs for our Computer on Modules. For the NXP® i.MX SoMs, we base our downstream BSP on the NXP® releases, and on our BSP 5.2.0, we have updated from L5.4.24_2.1.0 to L5.4.70_2.3.0.
The update to the new NXP release provides bug fixes only, no compatibility issues are expected.
- OpenEmbedded recipes now fetch from HTTPS instead of Git where possible
Many Toradex customers do not allow the Git protocol on their networks. To improve the user experience, we decided to use HTTPS as a fetching source.
We are aware that we cannot do this for each and every layer, but at least for ours, we decided to switch from Git to HTTPS.
- Added EULA license to demo images
If you are using our Reference Images for Yocto Project as the base for your own image, this update will break the Auto Installation feature of the Toradex Easy Installer on the generated images. You can find a workaround under ELB-3485.
- Bug fixes
As usual, we provide several bug fixes and new features in every release. Notable bug fixes are HDMI and USB improvements for Apalis iMX8. Consult our BSP Layers and Reference Images for Yocto Project Issue Tracker to learn more about these fixes.
- Added initial support for Verdin iMX8M Plus V1.0B
You can get a high-level overview of the supported features on the Verdin iMX8M Plus product page, under Embedded Linux Support Status. In the coming weeks, the number of supported features will rapidly increase.
- Added support for the second generation of Verdin products (Verdin iMX8M Mini V1.1, Dahlia V1.1, Verdin Development Board V1.1, Verdin DSI to HDMI Adapter V1.1 and Verdin DSI to LVDS Adapter V1.1) and dropped support for the first generation of Verdin products
After a successful launch of the first generation of Verdin Sample products, we made some improvements to the Verdin specification. With this, we will end support for the earlier sample products. If you are still using first-generation Verdin products we recommend staying on BSP 5.1 until you switch to the second generation. For a detailed overview please consult Verdin Product Family Specification Update or contact our support.
- Volume products: Apalis iMX6, Apalis TK1, Colibri iMX6, Colibri iMX6ULL, Colibri iMX7
This release is intended to be used in production for these modules.
- Sample products: Apalis iMX8, Apalis iMX8X, Colibri iMX8X, Verdin iMX8M Mini, Verdin iMX8M Plus
Due to the hardware status of the sample products, this release is intended for development.
Quarterly releases are production releases. We run a set of tests to validate them. Learn more about our release types in our Embedded Linux Support Strategy.
For more updates on this, see our Release Notes.
- You can install the pre-built evaluation Reference Images directly from our online Toradex Easy Installer feeds into the board. No download required!
- Alternatively, you can download the images and BSP from the Linux Software page on our developer website
- The U-Boot, Linux kernel sources, and OpenEmbedded metadata are available at http://git.toradex.com/. Learn how to build them on our developer website.
New Release:TorizonCore 5.6.0 Quarterly Release