Toradex BSP Layers and Reference Images for Yocto Project 5.7.0 Quarterly Release
We are pleased to announce the Toradex BSP Layers and Reference Images for Yocto Project 5.7.0 quarterly release.
Note that this is a Long Term Support release.
In other words, this version will be officially maintained according to our support strategy, with occasional patch releases. Only volume products are officially supported. For other product states, it should be considered as a monthly release.
Please read the 5.6.0 release notes for previous updates that also apply to this release.
Updates and Highlights
- Update Linux Kernel and NXP BSP
Toradex provides both downstream and mainline-based BSPs for our System on Modules (SoMs). For the NXP® i.MX SoMs, we base our downstream BSPs on the NXP® releases. On our downstream-based BSP 5.7.0, we have updated the kernel base to L5.4.70_2.3.7.
The Linux Kernel was updated to 5.4.193.
- Improved support for the Verdin iMX8M Mini
Additional features have been validated: USB Host, USB OTG.
See the feature overview for more information.
- Bug fixes
Notable bug fixes and new features include:
BSP Layers and Reference Images for Yocto Project Issue Tracker to learn more about all fixes.
- Volume products: Apalis iMX6, Apalis TK1, Colibri iMX6, Colibri iMX6ULL 512MB, Colibri iMX7
This release is intended to be used in production for these modules
- Sample products: Apalis iMX8, Colibri iMX8X, Verdin iMX8M Mini, Verdin iMX8M Plus
Due to the hardware status of the sample products, this release is intended for development
For Verdin, only the second generation of Verdin products is supported.
Quarterly releases are production releases. We run a set of tests to validate them. Learn more about our release types in our Embedded Linux Support Strategy.
For more updates on this, see our Release Notes.
- You can install the pre-built evaluation Reference Images directly from our online Toradex Easy Installer feeds into the board. No download required!
- Alternatively, you can download the images and BSP from the Linux Software page on our developer website.
- The U-Boot, Linux kernel sources, and OpenEmbedded metadata are available at http://git.toradex.com/. Learn how to build them on our developer website.
New Release:TorizonCore 5.7.0 Quarterly Release
New Release:TorizonCore 5.6.0 Quarterly Release