Toradex BSP Layers and Reference Images for Yocto Project 6.0.0 Quarterly Release
We are pleased to announce the Toradex BSP Layers and Reference Images for Yocto Project 6.0.0 quarterly release.
Please read the previous release news for updates that also apply to this release.
Updates and Highlights
- Linux Kernel updates
Toradex is moving forward with an upstream-first strategy. This release completes a milestone in that new direction: for our NXP® i.MX 6/7 SoMs, the BSP is based on the Mainline Kernel v6.0, one week after its release! On our downstream-based BSP 6.0.0, we have updated the kernel based on NXP Linux BSP L5.15.32_2.0.0
- Yocto Project version upgrade
Update from 3.1 (Dunfell) to 4.0 (Kirkstone)
- Hardware acceleration & Machine Learning
This release also brings official support for hardware acceleration of Machine Learning models with the NPU on the Verdin iMX8M Plus
- Update downstream software components
NXP BSP provides a number of components other than U-Boot and TF-A, such as Multimedia Firmware and Userspace helpers. These software components were updated to version L5.15.32_2.0.0
- Update ATF
The ARM Trusted Firmware (ATF or TF-A) was updated to lf_v2.6
- U-Boot Update
- Bug fixes
This release brings notable bug fixes and new features, including issues solved on SLEEP_MOCI# on Verdin iMX8M Plus
Consult our BSP Layers and Reference Images for Yocto Project Issue Tracker to learn more about all fixes
- Volume products: Apalis iMX6, Colibri iMX6, Colibri iMX6ULL, Colibri iMX7
This release - upstream-based - is intended to be used in production for these modules
- Sample products: Verdin iMX8M Mini, Verdin iMX8M Plus
Due to the hardware status of the sample products, this release - downstream-based - is intended for development
For Verdin, only the second generation of Verdin products is supported
- Support for Apalis iMX8 and Colibri iMX8X is planned in the next releases
Quarterly releases are production releases. We run a set of tests to validate them. Learn more about our release types from our Embedded Linux Support Strategy.
For more updates on this, see our Release Notes.
- You can install the pre-built evaluation Reference Images directly from our online Toradex Easy Installer feeds into the board. No download required!
- Alternatively, you can download the images and BSP from the Linux Software page on our developer website.
- The U-Boot, Linux kernel sources, and OpenEmbedded metadata are available at http://git.toradex.com/. Learn how to build them on our developer website.
New Release:Torizon OS 6.4.0 Quarterly Release