Toradex BSP Layers and Reference Images for Yocto Project 5.3.0 Quarterly Release
We are pleased to announce the Toradex BSP Layers and Reference Images for Yocto Project 5.3.0 quarterly release.
Please read the 5.2.0 release notes for previous updates that also apply to this release.
Updates and Highlights
- Updated to new NXP Patch Release L5.4.70_2.3.2
Toradex provides both downstream- and mainline-based BSPs for our Computer on Modules. For the NXP® i.MX SoMs, we base our downstream BSPs on the NXP® releases. On our BSP 5.3.0, we have updated from L5.4.70_2.3.0 to L5.4.70_2.3.2. As exceptions, we have used the SECO and SCFW patches from the recently released L5.4.70_2.3.3.
With this update, there are two highlights: the graphics and multimedia drivers are updated.
- OpenEmbedded package mirror provided on our artifact server
When you build a Reference Image with the Yocto Project/OpenEmbedded, it now tries to fetch the source code first from Toradex servers. The advantage of this lies in the fact that the packages needed to build our images are archived on our servers, and it adds a layer of redundancy. If our servers are down, OpenEmbedded automatically falls back to fetching the code from the regular servers.
- Additional support for the Verdin iMX8M Plus
Additional features have been validated: SD Card, HDMI, eMMC, Ethernet, EEPROM, ADC. Also, drivers for Verdin iMX8M Plus ISP & NPU are added.
See the feature overview for more information.
- Bug fixes
Notable bug fixes include:
- Bluetooth pairing not working
- Power down when the critical temperature is reached on i.MX 8X SoMs
- Disabling Energy Efficient Ethernet on Verdin iMX8M Plus
- Volume products: Apalis iMX6, Apalis TK1, Colibri iMX6, Colibri iMX6ULL, Colibri iMX7
This release is intended to be used in production for these modules.
- Sample products: Apalis iMX8, Apalis iMX8X, Colibri iMX8X, Verdin iMX8M Mini, Verdin iMX8M Plus
Due to the hardware status of the sample products, this release is intended for development.
For Verdin, only the second generation of Verdin products is supported. Read the previous news for 5.2.0 to learn more.
Quarterly releases are production releases. We run a set of tests to validate them. Learn more about our release types in our Embedded Linux Support Strategy.
For more updates on this, see our Release Notes.
- You can install the pre-built evaluation Reference Images directly from our online Toradex Easy Installer feeds into the board. No download required!
- Alternatively, you can download the images and BSP from the Linux Software page on our developer website.
- The U-Boot, Linux kernel sources and OpenEmbedded metadata are available at http://git.toradex.com/. Learn how to build them on our developer website.
New Release:TorizonCore 6.3.0 Quarterly Release