Deep Learning and artificial intelligence (AI) advancements enable manufacturers to leverage many new vision-based capabilities to control quality, manage supply and demand, classify and sort, and ground-truth validation for factory and process automation. AWS, Toradex, and NXP are collaborating to simplify the development of computer vision and machine learning solutions for IoT devices at the edge, even when the cloud connectivity is not available. This webinar demonstrates the Toradex Apalis AI Vision Starter Kit with NXP i.MX 8QuadMax Application Processor. This kit allows you to quickly recognize different kinds of objects leveraging AWS SageMaker Neo and AWS IoT Greengrass. The same platform can then be quickly retrained to recognize any object, even if it is in motion.
The AI Vision Starter Kit includes a camera and a Toradex System on Module that identifies and classifies objects, such as on an assembly line. This kit uses industrial-grade hardware and software that can be the starting point for your next project. The optimized machine learning model runs on the local device, with cloud connectivity for remote maintenance, business tool access and over-the-air (OTA) updating. We use the Linux-based Torizon platform and AWS IoT Greengrass to connect to the cloud via MQTT.
- Jumpstart your vision-enabled, connected device development
- Learn about the newest hardware and software architecture for Industry 4.0 devices
- Experience how Toradex Apalis System on Modules simplify development with NXP i.MX 8QuadMax processors
- Leverage AWS SageMaker Neo to optimize a Deep Neural Network that runs at the edge
- Utilize AWS IoT Greengrass to connect to cloud services